Warehouse and Logistics Operator (VAC-14218)
£20,000 - £20,000/annum
- United Kingdom -- England -- South East England -- Hampshire -- Basingstoke
Wednesday, December 18, 2019
This start-up pharmaceuticals provider is looking for a Warehouse and Logistics Operator for its office in the heart of Basingstoke. As Warehouse and Logistics Operator, you will work alone but alongside other functions. This company will offer some flexibility in working hours, but the standard full time hours are 9.30am - 5pm.
You will be responsible for:
- Liaising with freight forwarders to organise the pick-up and delivery of products world-wide
- Maintaining an inventory of stock through the warehouse management system and keeping records updated.
- Ensure products are loaded safely and accurately with correct paperwork in place and signed where appropriate.
- Provide relevant Customs documentation and produce invoices and any other associated documentation as required by the customer or freight agency
- Ensuring stock is correctly stored in the warehouse and all storage and logistics data is maintained.
- Checking for damaged or missing items and then sorting stock for storage in the warehouse and drive error resolution back via Quality departments
The ideal candidate will:
- Have previous experience within a logistics based role, dealing with couriers such as DHL, Fed Ex etc. arranging pick up's and deliveries.
- Highly organised with the ability to multitask, and strong administration skills.
- Positive, willing to learn and flexible
- Knowledge of Microsoft Software and any Inventory Software
- Background in Pharmacy / Pharmaceutical industries is preferable.
- There will be a requirement to complete a DBS check
Register with Wote Street People
If you are looking for suitable jobs in Basingstoke, then call us on 01256 799127 to talk with us.
You can register in two ways.
1) If it's difficult to get into the office, simply sign up for our vacancies list to hear about our latest opportunities or
2) If you are looking to start work asap and may consider temporary work, pop into the office any time Monday - Friday between 9am and 5pm.
We look forward to speaking to you soon and planning your future together.